- Imagine yourself on a glorious spring day as you walk through the woods collecting and snipping leaves, bits of nature. You’ll press these souvenirs from your walk in the family bible, which was given to you as an engagement present. Doesn’t sound like you but you like the idea of it, you say? On Etsy. com a “Woodland Wedding Leaves” search will land you at LeafDecor’s leaf art storefront. You’ll find surprisingly inexpensive supplies of art project material, to be glued to thank you cards, table settings, dropped into glass jars, or even pinned to a lapel or burlap board with your favorite photos. (photo: Etsy. com LeafDecor)
- DIY Stamped Silverware: Buy an alphabet stamp-set at a tool supply or hardware store, (or Ebay’s “gift_girl” offers one – pictured center left). Scrounge antique shops for vintage silverware and make a personal message. With a hammer and stamps, you can make metal say anything you wish. (bottom photo: Janine Garner Photography)
- www.TheSucculentSource.com will supply you with succulents of amazing beauty that can be used for everything from dining tribbles to parting gifts. Perfect for the Texan aesthetic, these little jewels are forever giving as living reminders of the day your friends and family witnessed your holy matrimony.
4. BagNoir from Dublin, Ireland makes a clever clutch, soft and oh so delightful. Embroidered peacock feathers on both sides, 100% silk complimented with pure dupion silk in peacock teal, and topped off with an antique gold purse frame. Could you just drool! Again found at my favorite online resource, Etsy.com.
5. ThaiLights: White cotton ball wedding holiday party string lights – 20 lanterns on a string create soft romantic lighting to dress-up your ambience when the day turns to dusk. www.etsy.com/ shop/thailights.
6. Photo Boutonniere Pin and personalized wedding gifts from www.etsy.com/shop/jYOUlry – get it, jyou’llry? Korny for sure, but some interesting ideas.
7. Carbon Fiber Wedding Rings: stunningly unique, these matte finish, Swarovski crystal rings are perfect for the practical, bohemian couples who can only afford a nerdy symbol to the real thing. The artist’s name is Ezequiel who makes wedding rings from carbon fiber, fiberglass, kevlar (aramid) and other composites. His unique shop is the perfect alternative for young, creative couples on a budget. www.etsy. com/shop/Nickelfree
8. Thigh High: If you’re the type to put perfume behind the knee, or match your panties to your brassiere, you’re probably just the kind of romantic to personalize your thighs. Le Ange Bridal on Etsy.com is the perfect shop to make your knees quiver with these delicately designed and color coordinated, silk garters. www.leange. etsy.com has more than 200 choices, from dyed silk to crystal beaded rhinestone applique. Just darling!
9. Shiver Me Timbers: Drape your maids in cashmere, to avoid uncoordinated jackets when the evening breezes give a chill. On Etsy.com/ shop/ YadisCloset, you can get this set of six Ivory for $67.50, but other colors and prices vary.