November 26, 2011
Sweet Sweet Love
Hayley and Jack met while attending Second Baptist High School and started dating after graduation. The next thing you know? Hayley wore a two-piece Melissa Sweet gown from Priscilla of Boston. The top was completely beaded and the skirt was ruffles/layers of silk organza. The Corinthian, Downtown Houston was their venue of choice. Both bride and grooms cake were made by Francis at World Catering. So far, it’s been hard for the couple to wait for their anniversary to eat the top of the classic white confection. The Hotel Le Toiny in St. Barths played host to honeymoon festivities. The couple resides in San Francisco.
Help from Haley:
1. Know what you want, or at least be outspoken about the things you do and do not like. It will make meeting with florists, photographers, caterers, etc. easier.
2. Have a schedule of everything that needs to be done and when it needs to be done.
3. Don’t wait too long to ask your bridal party to be your bridal party! I asked almost two months after getting engaged and I think my friends started wondering if they were going to be asked.
4. Even if you don’t use a wedding planner/ coordinator for the entire planning process, it is worth it to have someone the day of to coordinate all the vendors. I wasn’t stressed or worried about a thing because I knew we had someone else taking care of it. It made for a really fun day with my bridesmaids, mom, and grandmother as we got our hair and makeup done!!
5. Most importantly, have fun while planning. There were definitely times I let things or people stress me out too much and looking back, I know I shouldn’t have let things get to me. But overall, I had a lot of fun planning…why wouldn’t you? You’re planning such a fun night where you get to marry your best friend and be with all your family and friends so enjoy it.
Photography by MD Turner